Our objectives include:
To serve as a focus to stimulate and promote standards of excellence in
the primary care management of NCDs, consistent with patient and
professional values and with reference to evidence based health care
• To improve knowledge about chronic care models as Chronic Care Model (CCM) or Kaiser Permanente (KP) and others.
• To analyse the relationship between primary care orientation and the implementation of the chronic care models.
• To promote and to assess tools to Measure Quality Improvement of Chronic Illness Care
To put people at the centre of health care by adopting, as appropriate,
delivery models focused on the local and district levels that provide
comprehensive primary health care services.
• To promote integrated care.
• To address the fragmented nature in which health care is delivered.
To identify characteristics that facilitates the implementation of
strategies to achieve a high performing chronic care system in primary care.
To hold scientific meetings, which may include sessions and workshops
during WONCA regional and world conferences. To present original papers
and to address broader educational issues through discussion, training
• To promote and develop patient information about NCDs.
To promote active participation by all people, and re-emphasise the
empowering of communities, especially women, in the processes of
developing and implementing policy and improving health and health
• To develop and promote appropriate literature for primary
care professionals using a variety of resources, including WONCA Online.